Wednesday, December 17, 2008

What I love about my friends...

I had a random thought today...I thought about my favorite people - the friends in my life who have for some reason chosen to invest in me. I love them because they fit the qualities that I love to see in people...

  • I love it when people consider how what they say and do affects people...and think better of it when it is something that may be hurtful.
  • I love it when people are able to talk about things that bother them calmly and rationally without blowing up.
  • I love it when people are alone and singing in their cars.
  • I love it when without a thought, people give things away that mean something to them just because they know someone else would love having it and could use it more.
  • I love it when people are able to see other people's point of view.
  • I love it when people can refrain from using offensive language when something upsets them.
  • I love it when people are humble enough to apologize - even if they're not "really" wrong.
  • I love it when people can give and take a joke.
  • I love it when people are kind and respectful to everyone...even if they "mess up" - like the waitress who makes a mistake on an order or the Wal-Mart checker who is going too slow.
  • I love it when people aren't easily angered.
  • I love it when people have to wait a long time in line and don't complain.
  • I love it when people waive "thank you" when you let them out in traffic.
  • I love it when people mouth "sorry" when they accidentally pull out in front of you.
  • I love it when people tell you when they have a problem with you or something you've done, instead of talking about it behind your back.
  • I love it when I see people rally around their friends who are hurting.
  • I love it when people invest in other people's lives - expecting nothing in return.
  • I love it when people have kind and gentle hearts.

1 comment:

Sherry Drennan said...

So beautifully written and I agree. Thanks for sharing. I don't know why I'm so sappy today but that actually made me teary! Why don't people wave (as much) any more when you let them in? Word for the day...Kindness!