Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Oh Man...

My appt. was supposed to be today...but they called an hour before and told me we would have to re-schedule for another day - my Dr. was in surgery and wouldn't be out in time. I know someone needed him much more than I did...but I was still disappointed. I've been looking so, so forward to getting to hear the heartbeat. 13 1/2 weeks and I still haven't gotten to hear that precious sound! So, now I go next Wednesday.

The other thing that stinks is that I was hoping to go BEFORE Thanksgiving...the plan was to go and weigh before the holiday - then load up on mashed potatoes and rolls, and maybe by my December appointment I could have all the weight I was planning on gaining with the Thanksgiving meals worked off. Don't get me wrong, I'm still going to load up on mashed potatoes and rolls, they'll just have to understand the 10 lb weight gain when I get on that stinkin' scale on Wednesday! :)

Here's my funny conversation with Carlee tonight:
Me: Carlee, do you want to go to Nana and Papa's house tomorrow.
Carlee: Nana and Papa's?
Me: Yes, Nana and Papa's.
Carlee: I don't want to sleep in that tent.
Me: You don't have to sleep in a tent, we'll sleep in Nana and Papa's house.
Carlee: I'll sleep in Nana's van. I don't like tents.

If you recall...back in September we tried the first "camping" trip, which didn't work out because she completely freaked out when we tried to put her in the tent. We've been back to visit several times since then, but this is the first time she has mentioned the tent. funny stuff.

No comments: