Saturday, June 14, 2008

Marquees

I normally don't like those little signs on Church marquees...We pass lots of them on our way to work every morning. I think they tend to make Christians sound a little hokey - "This church is prayer conditioned", "Tithe if you love Jesus, anyone can honk". If I wasn't already a church-goer, some of them would probably make me think twice about trying it out.

But, when I was driving to Charleston last week I saw one in front of a little tiny church that stuck with me...it said "Bloom where you're planted". I love that. I often find myself waiting for the next big thing. I don't always enjoy and make the most of where I am because I'm anticipating when things are going to be different and get "better". Oh, if I could bloom where I'm planted. If I could be my best where ever God decides to plant me at the moment. That's my desire and my prayer.

2 comments:

Becca said...

ooh, ooh, here's one... "What the best vitamin for Christians? B-1."

I've got a million in my head from seeing them all over. Matt and I just roll our eyes. We used to be a part of a church who put those out. yikes.

Unknown said...

hahaha...

I saw that one just the other day. I like the ones that remind people that they're going to hell if they don't go to church...nice.