Friday, September 12, 2008

Medical Stuff

Carlee
Carlee had what I thought was 'pink eye' on Wednesday...Chris stayed home with her and her pediatrician called in drops just in case...Well, case confirmed - now I have it. I'm not as good of a patient as Carlee was. It's making me crazy and it looks and feels disgusting.

Oh, and still no Bumpy...but she's doing fine!

Eli
Eli had his 4 month checkup and shots today. He handled the checkup great - the shots, not so much. He weighed 18 lbs 2 oz...off the charts for weight - and he was in the 78th percentile for height...I've got a big boy! She was still concerned about the hydrocele - thinking at first that it had turned into a hernia. The conclusion ended up being that it was not a hernia. She said if it wasn't better in two months (at his 6 mo. appointment) she would refer us to a urologist and we would talk about surgery...In my mind, that's going to be a completely last resort. She said it would be a really easy surgery, but they would have to put him under...I'm not interested in that unless it's absolutely necessary. We're just going to hope that it goes away between now and then so we don't have to worry about it.

He was asleep by 7:00 tonight - which I'm certain means he will be up in about 2 hours wondering why I never fed him! So...off to bed. I'm going to whine a little about my eye so maybe Chris will get up with him again tonight...:)

2 comments:

Sherry Drennan said...

Hey, one of mine had the hydrocele and we went to ACH for the surgery. I'd be happy to share my experience with you...it wasn't bad.

Unknown said...

I would LOVE that Sherry!