Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad!

Tomorrow is my dad's birthday. 6 years later, it still feels weird not getting to celebrate. Not that we ever did great big birthday parties for him - he wouldn't have liked that. But, I could always find a funny card that made him laugh - something with a monkey or a silly looking dog usually did the job. It was sooo hard to think of things to get him. The man had 200 flannel shirts and 250 western shirts with snaps (ok, maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration) - and he liked to coyote hunt (which meant letting his dogs chase coyote's in the woods and listen to them bark - you can't kill coyotes). Not many present options with flannel shirts and coyotes.

Carlee knows that her grandad is in heaven with Jesus. Every-once-in-a-while she'll say "mom, what are my grandad and Jesus doing today?" Even though she never got to meet her grandad, I sure want her to know about him. Kind of like Carlee, I find myself wondering what he and Jesus are doing. Wouldn't it be awesome to know! Oh, I wish he was here - but I'm certain that he's really glad he's there!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Thinking of you today!