- I am extremely self-conscious about my weight. It keeps me from being social, and it keeps me from being comfortable talking with people I don't know well. In fact, I often think that people who I've never met in person won't like me because of my "looks."
- My left big toenail is disgusting. It fell off after a long backpacking trip (5 days in British Columbia) and it hasn't been the same since.
- I have a crazy fear of something bad happening to my children. Like, when I'm at an intersection, I envision another car running the light and hitting us.
- I am terrible at math. I want to be good at it. I try to be good at it. I'm not good at it.
- When I really want to understand something that's difficult for me to grasp, I have to research it, and write it down. Just reading it doesn't work for me. My mind just doesn't work that way, and it's embarrassing sometimes.
- I want to memorize scripture. But, I don't do it. My good intentions always fail (see #5)
- I don't mind not being the boss, until it comes to my marriage. That's where I want control. I think my way is the best way - and I let my sweet husband know on a regular basis. What to dress the kids in, how to load the dishwasher, which slot the small spoons go in the silverware drawer, what to use to wash the kitchen counter tops (ok, you can't use Dawn dishwashing detergent for the kitchen cabinets...somebody tell my husband).
- I have a weakness for cleaning products. I don't always use them - my house is a mess right now. But, I like to have them. Right now I'm eyeing that infomercial steam mop.
- I am not crafty, nor am I good at decorating. I wish I were. I know it would be fun to join in on making fun things and posting pictures of the creative masterpieces. But, it drains me to even think about trying it. And, I'm jealous of all of you who do it!
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
OK, so due to Becca's prompting...I'm going to get real. (Take at look at her "get real" list. I think it will inspire you!) I think I'm usually pretty real on here - save a few things that I'd rather not share with anyone but my hubby and those who are closest to me. But, here are some things that I may or may not have shared already...