Sunday, September 20, 2009

Back at it...

I think I'm back...we'll see how it goes. I've made a commitment not to be on the computer while my kids are awake. I only get a few hours a day with them, so I don't want anything unnecessary to take away from that time.

So, you probably saw this on my FB post yesterday. I've been really, really disturbed by what I saw at Wal-Mart - I can't shake it.... Granted, on any given day there's probably plenty to be disturbed about at Wal-Mart, but this takes the cake.

When I turned my half-full cart down the canned goods isle a man stomped by me yelling...He was actually calling his wife stupid and ignorant and told her she wasn't "allowed" to walk off. Bless his poor little heart, he was carrying 4 cans of green beans and didn't have the cart right next to him when he pulled them off the shelf. You I passed them again on the next isle...and he was still yelling about the same stinkin' thing. The woman never said a word. She looked straight ahead - no emotion. They had a teenage boy and another little boy who was maybe 4. If you could see the sadness in their eyes, it would just break your heart. So, here's the reality - if this jerk thinks it's ok to yell at her in the middle of a crowded Wal-Mart, I can only imagine what it's like in their house. My heart is sad for them. Those boys probably aren't going to bed happy like my kids are tonight. I kind of doubt they got hugs and kisses and bed-time stories. She probably never has that feeling of just being loved. I hope they all know they are loved by a gracious savior.

Maybe tomorrow I'll have some happier things on my mind...I'm praying God's protection over them. Will you join me?

No comments: