Sunday, December 30, 2007

Another PJ Day

I know I'm selfish...I REALLY am ready for Carlee to start feeling better - as much for me as for her. I'm worn out, and know she is too. Her fever was back up last night. She coughed and coughed and coughed. One of those coughs that makes everyone in earshot hurt. She's taking an antibiotic, Motrin, cough medicine, and a breathing treatment - That's enough to make anyone crazy!

She finally went to sleep in her bed at about midnight last night. Then, at 2 was at my bedside asking me to get in bed with her. Normally, I wouldn't (Chris would, but I wouldn't!) But, I did. And, she moaned, coughed and kicked. Then, woke me up at 7ish begging for apple juice.

No fever this morning though. We're just in our PJ's watching Cinderella. Yesterday we never got out of our PJ's. Just changed into new ones after bath-time. My mom has graciously offered to watch her for a while today so that I can get out of the house by myself! I haven't left the house since last Monday except for our trip to the Dr. Thursday. I have to admit, for a person who normally goes every single day of the week, it's a little bit nice. But I'm ready for a little alone time.

2 comments:

Becca said...

I hope she's better soon! You probably already know this, but we do warm juice when Will has a cough. It seems to help clear out the phlegm from his throat and soothe it a little. I bet you are so ready to get out of there. It's one thing to be in your own house for a week straight (drive you crazy), but it's yet another to be in someone else's... even if it's your mom's. What a week! I'm on my way to that, I'm afraid. Cy is sick, so we are home in our PJs as well. Will went to church with my parents.

Unknown said...

She's feeling better tonight...no temp since this afternoon and in a much better mood. I didn't know about the warm juice! I'm trying it!!
I went to Wal-Mart (alone) for about 2 hours tonight...as much as I hate that place, it was wonderful. I just walked around, and ended up spending way too much money. :)