Monday, April 28, 2008

Open mouth...insert foot
We've got about 3 weeks until our little guy gets here. I'm so excited to see what he looks like and what his personality is like. People continuously say to me that if your first one is good...watch out...your 2nd is going to be terrible. Not so sure why they have to share that type of info, but they do. Speaking of info that doesn't have to be shared...a girl at work told me I looked like a "weeble, wable" the other day - then a few days later when I saw her she said I was "large and in charge"....um, some things you should just think and not say.

I had jury duty today and on the way into the court house was stopped by a young hispanic woman who was trying, in broken English, to ask me where to go to pay a ticket. We ended up in the elevator together and she said "you are very big...2 babies?" No, just 1, was my reply. "Are you sure? You are very big" was her response. She went on to say how "heavy" the baby must be. I'm sure she went well, but come on.

Eli is very, very active right now. Wednesday we go to the Dr. and they'll try to see if he's still breech. If he can't tell when he does the cervical check, they'll do an ultrasound. Probably will do an ultrasound either way b/c they want to try to see how big he is. I'm guessing 8 lbs. 4 oz. we'll see!

My worries
Right now the thing I'm worried most about is being able to nurse. I tried with Carlee for almost 2 weeks but never got milk. I was extremely sad, and felt like a terrible mother - like I was just giving up. But soon decided that I was doing all I could...and Carlee would be just fine. I've had people tell me that probably the reason she has asthma and allergies is becuase I didn't nurse. Maybe, Maybe not. I've done a lot of research this time and found that there is a disorder of underdeveloped glandular tissue that can cause a low to non-existant milk supply. From what I read, women with this are often times more successful on a 2nd pregnancy, but can take up to 2 weeks or more for milk to come in. I really, really want to be successful this time. But, if I'm not, I don't want to feel like I did last time...who wants to anticipate feeling sad. So, I'm trying to work through it all ahead of time - I don't think it's working!

No comments: