Saturday, May 10, 2008

I'm sitting at Kerry and Jarrad's house, watching the workers work on my house! YAY! It's completely bricked and all of the trim is done. They're going to paint and install bathroom/kitchen cabinets next week AND deliver the tile and hardwoods on Thursday. I love it!

More importantly, if I don't have Eli by Tuesday, I'll go in at 7:00 Tuesday a.m. to be induced. I was at a "good three" on Wednesday and suspect that after all the contractions I've had between then and now, that I'm further along. I thought for sure it was going to be yesterday, but no deal...The guy I sit by at work said I was giving him anxiety. I haven't had any contractions so far today, so maybe he's going to hold out. Really, I'd love for it to happen tonight. We'll see. Carlee went with my mom to Branson yesterday, so Chris and I had a quiet night. We rented a movie and got in bed before 8:00...it was wonderful!

I think it hit both of us this morning that this is the last weekend that we're going to be a family of 3. And, now we're going to get to figure out how to raise a little boy. My prayer is that we can help to mold this little guy into a kind, loving, gentle, respectful man. How amazing that God is allowing us to be his parents. What a huge responsibility. I can't wait to see this precious boy. My heart is just overwhelmed with love for him and I haven't even met him yet. A perfect mother's day present.

1 comment:

Becca said...

Ooh, I think he should come tomorrow for Mother's Day! That would be great. And you're right, boys are different. You guys will do great. They're a blast, just different than Carlee will ever even think about being! The adjustment to 2 kids is hard (was for us at least), but you will adjust and be fabulous at it. And I think you'll love being a family of four. We sure do.

Thanks for the comment on my blog. You're really sweet. I was just trying to give Kerry a break!