Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Loud little dude...

We haven't seen Eli's eyes much since he was born. He's been a terrific sleeper during the day - and most nights. Waking up every 3 hours to eat and going back to sleep. We've had 3 nights of sleeplessness since we've been home...not too bad - especially since we've got memaw to bail us out after 2 in a row!

Today has been different. He woke up about every 2 hours last night - I tried to stretch out his feedings to as close to 3 hours as I could. After his 5:30 bottle, he slept for about an hour - and that's it for the day. Eyes wide open and screaming has been a way of life today...Carlee and I were hoping for a pretty day where we could play outside a little while he was napping - but instead we got rain, muddy ground and a little brother who can scream really, really loud! Finally, at 2:15 I got him to sleep in his swing. I know I'm not supposed to do that - creating "sleep props" isn't good. But, neither is walking around like a crazy woman from lack of sleep and screaming baby...so for now, the swing will have to do. Carlee has handled it like a champ. She's had a pretty boring day - and has gotten to watch more Cowgirl Dora than normal.

Tomorrow is his 2 week dr. appt. So, we'll get out of the house a little bit. Maybe a change of scenery will do us all some good.

Whew...this newborn stage is rough. But, I'm glad I get to do it!

1 comment:

Becca said...

Cy had one of those baby papasan chairs that vibrates. He loved it, and it was the only way we could get him to sleep. I can't tell you how many nights he slept in that thing just so we could get some sleep. And he took all his naps in it for weeks! We'd set it on vibrate, and by the time it timed out, he'd be asleep. You gotta do what you gotta do. I hope today is better!