Friday, May 2, 2008

My Day
I took my very last vacation day today. I needed to take them all before I go on maternity leave, or I have to use them for my maternity leave...who wants that?? I started the day at a funeral. My aunt's mother-in-law passed away. She was 89 and had been suffering from Althemiers for several years. Her body was very healthy, but her mind wasn't. Although I felt sad for my cousin and aunt, it was the first funeral I've ever been to where I didn't cry. I think knowing that her life ended like I feel like lives should end - live a long, full life and go on to be with Jesus. It's when people don't get to live their "full" life (or my view of a full life) that I feel like it's a tragedy. God's ways are higher than mine.

Me and Eli
Yesterday I felt absolutley terrible. I had some contractions - but nothing regular. I still thought that I might not make it through the night...in fact, I've got my bags by the door. But, I feel better today and I think he's going to hang on a little longer. I took about an hour nap today and it felt GREAT! I think if I could do that every day, things would feel a little better. But, that just doesn't fit into the schedule these days.

At my appt. Wed. I was at a 1 and my cervix was thin. He said nothing to call the family in about. He didn't think I would make it more than 2 weeks. And said that he wouldn't make me go more than 2 weeks. Eli is getting BIG we think. He was head down and ready to go...so we'll see. So, if I don't have him before, it looks like we'll probably induce on the 15th. It's not been scheduled or anything, so that might change. I'm so ready to meet this little guy.

No comments: