Monday, June 23, 2008

My world

Today Eli and I were sitting out on the back porch feviershly rocking and I had to laugh at myself. I was thinking about all of the people I have talked to in the past few days and remembering the conversations - they all revolved around me and they all were a detailed rendition of Eli's sleeping schedule the prior day. I went step by step through every hour of eating, waking and sleeping. I talk about it as if people really care to have all of that detail. It's funny to look back at all of my posts only to see that most are the same. It's what I live right now. Hour by hour, watching the clock to see when it's time to eat, sleep and wake. Now that I'm in the middle of it again, I remember a little of what this was like with Carlee. But, now I just put her to bed - we read a book and sang Jesus Loves Me and a couple of other songs, I kissed her good night and told her I would come back in and check on her...that was it. No screams, no rocking, no troubles...and just 3 short years ago I was watching the clock for eating, waking and sleeping with her.

By-the-way...Saturday night Eli slept from 11:30 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. Of course it was a night that mom was getting up with him, so I didn't get to experience the joy until the next morning. Last night he went until 4 a.m., which was still pretty good. We'll see how he does tonight. Tomorrow he'll be 6 weeks old.

1 comment:

Becca said...

YEA! I hope it continues. I remember that too. I've had a big clock in my living rm since Will was born. Everything revolves around that clock during that first year. After Cy was born, I had to start writing down when I gave what medicine to what boy when they were sick so I wouldn't accidentally overdose them! I just had too many schedules in my head!

On a lighter note, Will fell tonight and put his tooth completely through his bottom lip. Fun, fun. He's ok now.