Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Eating and Sleeping (or lack thereof)

OK, so I've talked about this before but haven't brought it up in a while...I'm on this quest to loose weight - and be healthy. So, I've been doing Weight Watchers for 6 weeks and have lost 17 lbs...but I'm at a stand still. So, I've kicked up the exercise - now I may not be able to get out of bed in the morning.

Uck...I hate thinking about, worring about, obsessing over weight. It's such a pain. I almost talked myself out of getting on the treadmill tonight - it was 9:00 before I got Eli to bed...I have to get up at 5...I need the sleep...but, I made myself do it and I'm glad I did. I pushed myself for an hour and it's worth it...tell me it's worth it??

Someone asked me this question several weeks ago and it stuck with me -

"Would you rather eat anything you want or wear anything you want".

Most days it's the latter but every-once-in-a-while chocolate cake sounds really good! I'm proud of myself for the 17 lbs. Still have a long way to go!

Sleep!
By the way...Eli slept through the night last night. I woke up at 5 with the alarm clock and realized that I never got up with him. I jumped up and went into his room to check on him and he was sound asleep. Didn't wake up until 6. I told him it was ok if he just did that every other night. Tonight is Chris' night! :)

1 comment:

Julie said...

I feel you girl! It is so hard to lose it. I'm proud of you! 17 pounds in six weeks...that is AWESOME! WAy to go! I need to get back on the WW bandwagon. I've been exercising faithfully, but the chocolate cake calls my name far too much. :)