Friday, August 29, 2008

Wheezy's back!

Ugh...the asthma is back. I was hoping that Carlee had outgrown it since she hasn't had any episodes in several months. Wednesday was her 3 year well child checkup...and of course it was the day she started coughing. So, her pediatrician was not in agreement when I told her I took her off her asthma/allegery meds. So, we're back to using the "breather" as Carlee calls it. She does great with her nebulizer - but she's been doing it since she was 6 months old, so I guess she's used to it.

I'll never forget the first time she was in "distress". I've never been so terrified in my life. Watching her struggle and her little belly moving so fast trying to get her breath. I'm a little less nervous now that I know how to deal with it. But I still hate every time it happens and I still have a rush of panic until she starts breathing better.

I'm just going to believe that she will eventually out grow it.

Jenna is spending the night with us tonight and I just heard Chris say "Your world's about to come crashing down girls". I'm not sure what that means...but it sure was funny! He's trying to convince them it's time to go to bed, but they're not in agreement...giggles everywhere!!

No comments: