Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My reality....

This morning I was standing in front of the mirror drying my hair - and falling asleep standing up, with a loud roar and hot air blowing in my face...and I wondered why I'm so stinkin' tired. Please don't take this as complaining. It's not. I love my life and wouldn't trade it for anything. It's just my reality right now.

Here's a "typical" day.

Up at 5 a.m. shower, dress.
5:45 fix bottles and get lunches together
6:00 get Carlee up and throw her on the couch - feed her breakfast - get her dressed
6:30 get Eli up (well...this changes daily. Sometimes he gets up at 5 too) give him a bottle and feed cereal (this is new!)
7:00 out the door
7:30-4:30 work
4:30 pick up the kids
5:00 pick up Chris
Home at 5:45 ish
6:00 start supper while Chris plays with the kids
This is Eli's "fussy" time. So Carlee and I eat while Chris is trying to keep Eli from screaming his head off.
6:30 Give Eli his bath while Chris is eating
7:00 I give Eli a bottle while Chris puts Carlee in the bath (sometimes we switch off)
7:30 Eli to sleep
7:45 Read to Carlee and put her to sleep
8:00 exercise
9:00 clean up kitchen, wash bottles, pick up the mess in the LR
9:30 IN BED! Watch 30 min. of something I've DVR'd to wind down
10:00 ASLEEP! because I'll be up with Eli a couple of times during the night.
5:00 a.m. Do it all over again!

So...that's why I'm tired! Oh...and my husband helps me A LOT...so I'm not in this rodeo alone!

2 comments:

Becca said...

OH MY GOSH! You make me look like I'm sitting at home eating bon bons all day. Amazing... you are amazing. Keep up the good work. It will get easier (I hope)!

Woman of Clay said...

If I don't tell you often enough, I admire you... a lot.